26 de agosto de 2009

it may not always be so; and i say







t may not always be so; and i say
by: e.e. cummings

it may not always be so;and i say
that if your lips,which i have loved,should touch
another's,and your dear strong fingers clutch
his heart,as mine in time not fara away;
if on another's face your sweet hair lay
in such a silence as i know,or such
great writhing words as,uttering overmuch,
stand helplessly before the spirit at bay;

if this should be,i say if this should be--
you of my heart,send me a little word;
that i may go unto him,and take his hands,
saying,Accept all happiness from me.
Then shall i turn my face,and hear one bird
sing terribly afar in the lost lands.

[i hope my foreign visitors like it!]

image and poetry by cummings


5 comentários:

Dia disse...
Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.
Dia disse...

Suasibilissima, I liked of the poetry. I love you. ;)

Amanda Teixeira disse...

cummings é maravilhoso.. acho que é o único poeta que escreve em inglês que realmente me agrada. Tanto que fiz esforços nos últimos anos pra ler a poesia dele em inglês mesmo! Que bom que gostou.

=)

Cesar Augusto disse...

Intensely creative, a fine artist, play writer and novelist. He always controlled both the look and the content of his poems, in other words, in my humble opinion, he is perfect.

Cesar Augusto

Amanda Teixeira disse...

Que legal, César... não sabia que ele também escrevia peças e romances.. só consigo imaginá-lo como poeta. E um perfeito poeta, como vc bem disse.